Last week, Stranger Things actor Finn Wolfhard spent a moment chatting with TMZ about his turn in the IT remake. The young thespian emphasized how intense the experience was and also indicated that we can expect lots of bloodshed.
“It was really intense but it was a lot of fun,” Wolfhard told the outlet. “We tried to take a lot from the book and hopefully people will like it as much [as the mini-series]. It’s so intense because we were shooting in Toronto and it’s really humid and hot. We had to be in this super closed set in the middle of nowhere and you’re getting spit on, and screamed at, and blood is pouring on you.”
It was previously rumored that the second half of the upcoming redux of Stephen King’s IT would be filming this month but that has officially been debunked. Director Andy Muschietti was asked about the reports at SXSW and clarified that the information circulating was incorrect.
In addition to Wolfhard, the first installment stars Bill Skarsgård, Jaeden Lieberher, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, Sophia Lillis, and Jeremy Ray Taylor.
What we know about the first half, thus far is that the producers are targeting an R-rating. The creative team says that their intent is to stay as close to the source material as possible.
Original director Cary Fukunaga reportedly departed the remake over budgetary disagreements with the studio. Andrés ‘Andy’ Muschietti (Mama) was later tapped to helm the adaptation of the Stephen King tome. The film is targeting a September 8, 2017 release date.
The 1991 television miniseries and the forthcoming remake are both based on the Stephen King book of the same name. No additional details on the upcoming project are available at this time but stay tuned to the site in the coming months and we will keep you apprised as more news is announced.